Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A little decorating...

I have to admit it. I love fall.
As much as I hate to say goodbye to summer, with it's long days and lovely evenings outside, enjoying . But still, fall is delicious to me. The colors, the cool nights (perfect for sleeping snuggled up with the one you love!) the smells, the wonder of harvest season. I love cooking fall meals like soups and stews, baking bread and apple crisp and oatmeal raisin cookies. And decorating a bit...



My friend Sonia grew the most wonderful pumpkins this year. Heritage pumpkins in a rainbow of amazing colors. She kindly let me come "shopping" on her sunny deck and I gathered up this lovely group. I could hardly wait to bring them home and create a centerpiece for my dining room table. It makes me smile every time I walk through the room.

No comments: