Saturday, May 23, 2015

Reason 6,423 why I love living in Maine...

One of the nice things about living here is that if you have something you don't want, like a dysfunctional gas grill, or a broken chair, you can put it out in front of your house and 99.9% of the time someone will haul it away. Recycling at it's finest. I had a small electric heater built to look like a wood stove that I no longer wanted. It worked just fine, but the motor that blew the warm air out was a bit loud and they make more efficient ones now. I put it by the side of the road with a little sign that said, "Works perfectly, $15.00." The day was fine and several people stopped to look, but no one bought. The little stove stayed out overnight.

The next day it was still there. In the afternoon storm clouds rolled in and I knew I should go retrieve it from the great outdoors, but I was working and didn't have time to stop what I was doing. The skies opened up and the poor little electric stove got the bath it never wanted. I felt bad about it, but there was nothing to be done at that point.

Today when I checked the mailbox I found this:



I would have gladly given the water logged thing to anyone who wanted it, but here was this very nice note, and 10 one dollar bills, placed kindly in my mailbox. I love living in Maine.

1 comment:

Rain said...

Haha. That sounds like my husbands kinda deals!