Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Great Spring Fling....

The ground is still mostly covered in dirty, tattered snow. Where the snow has receded there is mud. It isn't pretty. But, if you look closely, there are tiny blades of grass that hint green, and some shoots coming up that promise spring flowers are coming. The trees have buds that are beginning to swell, and the birds are filling the air with sweet love songs. All of this causes something to stir deep within me. It makes me want to ...

SPRING CLEAN!!!!

Daughter Rachel has helped me, and so far the living and dining rooms have been well cleaned. Windows polished, baseboards wiped, walls washed. Cobwebs have been banished, floors washed and polished, furniture shined. This morning, after I did chores and fed dogs and tidied the kitchen, I had an hour to spare before my first customer arrived. I had two choices:
sit and happily surf the internet or tackle another room. I chose the less pleasant of the two options. In one hour I managed to move all the furniture from the front room (except one heavy piece that is known for scratching the heck out of the floor.) I got the baseboards wiped, the inside of the windows washed, the floor vacuumed and washed and one coat of polish applied.



We call the front room "the snuggery." It is not a large room, but it houses the wood stove and welcomes family and friends into the house. It is cozy. It also attracts clutter like nobodies business. On one wall are two rows of hooks. We hang our coats and such there. Today I tidied that area. One hook held my incredibly warm Carhart overalls. I decided today that the season for that garment is OVER and tossed them in the wash. The wall that has the hooks looks so much nicer now that I have removed much of the clutter that had gravitated there.

Spring cleaning is well under way. Three rooms down. 7 to go.




2 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

This is exactly what we're doing this week while kids are out of school. Spring cleaning.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Ugh, I HATE spring cleaning, but it's a necessary evil. Time to get out to cleaning supplies.

Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com