Monday, January 19, 2015

Cruise....

It was a chance of a lifetime. The three of us were able to go on a 9 day cruise to Aruba, in January, and I got to go FREE. It was a groom cruise, and I was the speaker. Chris and Rachel were able to join in at a reduced rate. We left Maine when it was -13 degrees, and spent days on the water, in the sun, wearing bathing suits and eating food none of us cooked. And it was good.

There were dolphins...



And Pelicans...



Iguanas...

(I tried a cup of iguana soup made by a lovely local woman...)



The ship, (and the husband) were very attractive!

And,oh... that whole ocean/sky thing? Amazing.



We all liked our balcony. Rachel even hauled her mattress out there one night and slept under the stars listening to the waves.



The sunsets were amazing.



And we spent some happy hours here...



In the end, there was home. With our oh-so-comfy bed and all those mouths to feed. I was so happy to muck out the pony shed and stuff the hay feeders full and see the ducks waddling about. I loved our magical time in the Caribbean, but home is still my most favorite place.




No comments: