Friday, August 22, 2014

Union Farmers Market...

All week long I look forward to the Union Farmers Market. It's not very big, but there is just something so upbeat and happy about it.
In the past I could rarely go, because by the time I was done with work on Friday they were wrapping things up, but now that I am grooming from home I can go every week, and I have!

There is often live music. Today's music was delivered by a young woman so beautiful I just had to take her picture. She played sweetly, too. Doesn't she just have a magical glow about her?



There are booths selling locally made goat cheese and locally raised meats, lots of produce, and amazing baked goods...
I bought a raspberry tart made from fresh local berries. It tastes like summer exploding on my tongue!


I love to see the plants and wreaths and dried flower arrangements...



Something about this sweet little market makes me feel joyous.

After the market I stopped by my friends house. I admired their young turkey poults, the adorable Indian Runner ducklings,the enormous bull that is going to a new farm tomorrow, and then was gobsmacked by how lovely their vegetable garden is...




I came home my little outing with fresh corn on the cob, a fragrant little rustic Boule loaf, and that above mentioned tart. I am alone this week because my husband is off on a business trip. I've been mostly snacking but tonight I cooked a little steak on the grill, and an ear of corn, and dipped the bread in some garlic olive oil sauce I whipped up. A feast enjoyed at the picnic table surrounded by my critters. Like the rest of this perfect summer day, it was a treat.



No comments: